Server Ordered, Configuring and Testing to Follow

Home Forums CS:GO CS:GO Server Discussion Server Ordered, Configuring and Testing to Follow

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    NeutralX2
    Keymaster

I ordered the server tonight and it is getting set up. Once the admin mods get installed and we get a basic config running I will post the server password here for anyone interested in checking it out. The server may restart at times without warning as we work on it though.

Once we know it is solid and not crashing the password will come off.

Sweet! I would be more than happy to help test if needed!

NeutralX2
    Keymaster

Ok we have metamod source and sourcemod installed and running. Both of these are pre-release development builds. They are not finished, so expect some weirdness and possible crashes due to them.

It is now time to let people in. The password is “test”.

b_560_95_1.png

Now we need to look at the general server configuration. Keep an eye open for things that are broken, and provide feedback on anything you think needs to be changed. For example, if maps need to be added or removed from the rotation, or if the player count changes from 24 players at any point.

Hopefully we catch most of the issues before release date.

nemesis-xt

Server was running smoothly, then crashed in the middle of the pistol round. Besides from the crash, the server was running very smoothly. I suggest getting rid of the gun game maps, making the map change at like maybe 10-15 minutes or so. And also, if you guys want to ban the AWP and remove Friendly fire, we should look into that.

NeutralX2
    Keymaster

I am getting notifications that the player count was increased and the server shut down because that was not authorized. Obviously that is incorrect. Going to open a support ticket.

This is why we test!

Grim

lol yea no awps , they seem to be gayer in this CS.

I would like Friendly fire on personally!

Shellz0rz

Yeah, FF on preferably.

As far as AWP goes, I don’t mind if it stays. I never use AWP, so i really don’t mind if it’s restricted either.

NeutralX2
    Keymaster

The updated version of the Weapon Restrict plugin will be released in a week or so. Once that comes out we will assess if anything needs restricting.

witman

How stable is the server right now? I know we test because we want the best server possible when we launch, but if we are stable, I say we remove the password.

I’m just thinking, since we are early enough along in the game (release wise), that we might become a top server if we have it as open as possible. Start bringing in people now so they will stay, invite there friends, and those friends invite friends. I preferred the days when you had to wait in line to play, not the days where you had to beg people to come.

NeutralX2
    Keymaster

The main reason it has been password protected until now is because I have been restarting it to reload configs after making changes. Those are pretty much set at this point though. I will take the password off.

witman

Not sure if it’s the server or me, but it seems to me the server will get really choppy for about 15 seconds every 20 minutes or so. Its not that often and I will have to play more to see if it is the server or me. I am leaning towards the server because my ping stays put and so does my fps. Does anyone else get this, or am I crazy?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.