CS:GO beta Impressions

Home Forums Community MOUF Talk CS:GO beta Impressions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Shellz0rz

So what does everyone think of the beta so far?

So far, I really like it. Cheap, it runs nice and smooth, great selection of weapons, refreshing changes to some core maps (Italy especially), matchmaking (maybe good?).

I’m really bad at the game, currently, looking forward to growing some skillz0rz. Right now, I’d say I’m having the most difficulty getting used to the radar and player models.

Is it just me, or is it difficult to tell who is a CT and who is T? I just think everyone looks like a CT on some maps, even the Ts. On radar, if you are a T and you see a CT, it shows up red. Confuses the crap out of me, too.

Not quite used to the sounds yet either. Difficult to distinguish between each weapon firing at this point. I feel really loud running around. I like the new nade sounds.

Haven’t tried anything but competitive yet.

Thoughts on the beta?

schlong
    Participant

I wish it was a little fancier but overall seems ok so far. I haven;t been able to connect to any servers for w/e reason but yea. I tried a bot game of Arms Race and its really cool. Glad to see they added GunGame into the rotation 😀

I really like it so far! All the new game modes are really nice to have! The matchmaking is cool for when the server is dead and you want to play still! I was doing fairly well for it being my first time playing tonight and look forward to playing with all the MOUFers again! I got like 15 knife kills tonight in about 2 hours worth of play so I look forward to shanking all of you especially! 🙂

IRWasted

First day playing the beta, I am having trouble knowing who to kill, wouldn’t mind playing with friendly fire off until I get the hang of it. First impression is it is a good game.

schlong
    Participant

Was able to find some servers to join and play a bit…the more I play the more I like CS:S more. This seems like way too much of a Console port than anything. The audio is one thing that makes me not want to play this game. Random ass noises of the same shit keep going off and its loud as fuck. Same goes for like head shot sounds and what not. Ill give this game a little bit more time but I don’t really see this being promising for me. :/

nemesis-xt

there are certain game modes that have friendly fire set to off. Also, you can browse servers, there are a few that are deathmatch servers, and others are casual. The most difficult thing with me atm with this game is the difference in the aiming, you have to be patient while aiming in this game. Spraying = death

Quote:
    Quote from nemesis-xt on August 15, 2012, 13:39
    there are certain game modes that have friendly fire set to off. Also, you can browse servers, there are a few that are deathmatch servers, and others are casual. The most difficult thing with me atm with this game is the difference in the aiming, you have to be patient while aiming in this game. Spraying = death

I am a patient player so I am diggin that part!

Grim

yea aiming is whooooozy. it seems like it takes less to kill as well. and it seems a little more fast paced

Shellz0rz

Definitely more fast paced. I wonder is that is because of the influx of n00b’s to the game or if it is just the way the game will be played.

I really like the Molotovs. Killed someone with it yesterday, aww yeah. just wish it would have a slightly longer duration and be a little less expensive. But it has been very useful, see 3-4 guys in Dust tunnel, toss a molotov and they will clear out. Also the fire gives off a good smoke screen to shoot (or be shot) through.

As far as the aiming goes, still trying to get used to it. I’ve found (for me at least) at long range there is not real advantage to burst fire. I’ve started using single shots from assault rifles and smgs at long range and that works pretty good.

Anyone Zeus-kill anybody yet? I’ve only Zeus’ed a couple bots. You have to be touching them pretty much, like, no range at all. I keep forgetting to try to use it.

Arms Race mode is fun. Not sure if I agree with the order of the weapons, but I’m sure users will customize that eventually anyway. No nade level (a blessing and a curse), I can understand why though. Takes away that level of luck you needed to get the nade kill and proceed to win. A little more skill based as they have it set now.

schlong
    Participant

What is the Zeus thing anyway? Saw somethin for it in the options but never bound a key or anything because I had no idea :/

witman

So far, it seems alright. The graphics are smooth, aiming seems to be alright.

The gun sprays are harder to control, especially at long range. They seem to be more all over the place instead of predictable like CSS. Not saying its bad, just needs some getting used to.

Granted I’ve only played for an hour, but it seems the M4 and the AK are almost the same gun now. The accuracy and damage of both feel to be the same on both. Either I am hitting the wrong button, or the M4 has lost its silencer also.

Either say, the game seems alright for now.

Richol

im disappointed, not in the game, but my shitty computer. i get horrible fps in it, so ive hardly played the beta ive had for a few months now.

nemesis-xt

did you try to lower your settings?

witman

I’ve played a bit more now and the FPS is kind of weird. On Inferno, my computer got between 130 and 150 FPS, but even if I was standing still, every 15 seconds or so, my FPS would dip to around 60 for about a second, then go back up to the normal. I didn’t seem to matter what part of the map I was in, how many people were around me, or how many people were actively moving around, it just did it every so often.

Grim

i think its like a stun gun…. but yea the aiming is starting to piss me off. i liked in source when i could get headshots off impulse. now its much harder. and the animations are whoozy. i think source was a better game. this one is more arcade. and people with less skill can sometimes get up on the scoreboard becuase they can just use a smg and rape. and the Awpers are always on top of the scoreboard….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.