Black Mesa : Source out Sept 14th

Home Forums Other Stuff Other Games Black Mesa : Source out Sept 14th

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    NeutralX2
    Keymaster

Black Mesa: A Half-Life 2 modification

Includes everything before Xen.

Quote:
    We’re freaking out over here! It is so exciting to share this news with you!

You can now Download the Black Mesa Soundtrack, courtesy of our very own Joel Nielsen, at the very generous price of whatever you want! Enjoy and share!

In the near future you’ll see our Website, Wiki and Forums all taken down temporarily for renovations.

On September 14th you will see the first release of Black Mesa! This will include our re-envisioning of Half-Life all the way up to Lambda Core. We believe this is a great way to provide a complete-feeling 8-10 hour experience with a solid ending, make our fans happy and help us make the best overall game possible.

We are still working hard on Xen and BMDM, but instead of making you wait we are giving you Black Mesa as soon as it’s ready! We’re doing our best to help bring the immense vision of this project into reality, and we are very excited for what the future brings!

High-Fives Yo,
    Carlos Montero – Project Leader

Here is an old trailer from 2008.

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lul60ixy_40[/embed]

I believe it when I can play it but looks like the most promising time they have said it will come out!

NeutralX2
    Keymaster

Its downloading! Hopes its as awesome as it should be after this long! lol

NeutralX2
    Keymaster

I am super impressed with this game so far. You can really tell they were working on this for years, as the amount of polish is insane. I feel like I am playing a professional remake of Half-Life that I would have paid money to play.

I also like how they mixed it up a bit and redid a lot of the areas. The additional offices at the beginning and such make Black Mesa feel like a real place rather then a bunch of empty corridors.

Its also cool how they mixed up the combat. For example, in the beginning of the game when you don’t have any weapons you can light enemies on fire with flares. The weapons also behave a bit differently (like iron sights on the magnum). It makes the game feel fresh while still giving me a massive dose of nostalgia (I have played the original Half-Life at least a dozen times).

I am currently half way done with the chapter “We’ve Got Hostiles”, and I cant wait until I make it to the Blast Pit.

Honestly guys, if you are not playing this you are missing out.

I suggest everyone download the game using the torrent. There are over 30,000 active seeders on there making it an extremely fast download.

chinz

ill play it eventually. Im lazy and i have to many games. Still havent finished HL2 lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.